We're an Amazon affiliate
We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, we may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. So thank you if you use our links; we really appreciate it!
Knitted or crochet items might be the perfect way of giving a cozy touch to your home. You will find many knitted pillowcases in every home décor magazine. If you feel like doing a Diy project for your home, then crochet pillows is a fantastic project, to begin with.
These pillowcases can be the perfect way to breathe life into your old pillows. Using a good quality yarn and investing some hours into creating a pillowcase will have a new look for your couch or sofa.
Before starting your DIY project, you should make a smart choice for purchasing Best yarn for pillow covers to get soft and comfortable pillow covers for your pillows.
Our Top 5 Best Yarn for Pillow Covers
How to Compare the Different Types of Yarns?
Acrylic yarn by Inscraft
Mira yarn skeins
Mira yarn skeins
Best Five Yarns for Pillow Or Blankets Covers
Below are our top picks for yarns that qualify as the best ones for your pillowcase projects.
1.52 Acrylic Yarn Skeins, 2080 Yards Crochet Yarn by Inscraft.
- 52 Colors Acrylic Yarn in Craft Suit:This fantastic value 100 % acrylic yarn pack contains 52 very wide range of colors, bright and lustrous, no duplicates. Each yarn for crochet contains 35 yards.
- Gifts for Each Package: 2 crochet hooks(size 6.0mm & 6.5mm), 2 weaving needles and 10 locking stitch markers.
- 1 Storage Bag: Storage knitting tote bag with one side transparent(PVC), waterproof and lightweight, enough space to keep your crochet yarn, knitting tools small finished works. It’s a great gift for kids and crafts makers.
- Various Functions: This soft, strong, have no knot, not easy to loose, and yet not that thick yarn is the best choice for knitting lovers, beginners and kids. It’s also perfect for DIY mini crafts making, gift making, toys and a variety of other yarn craft projects.
- Attention: Please read the size information in detail. The size of one yarn is small. If you need to make big crafts, we advise buying two sets or more to ensure your requirements.
Features & Specifications:
- This yarn kit includes acrylic yarn in a craft suit.
- The yarn in this pack is made of 100% acrylic and contains a 52 range of colors.
- It comprises 20 gifts in each package that includes 6 e-books containing different projects.
- This pack comes with 2 crochet hooks of 6.0 mm and 6.5 mm, 2 weaving needles, and 10 long stitching markers.
- It is perfect for beginners and knitting lovers.
- One storage bag includes a tote bag having one transparent side; it is waterproof and lightweight.
- The tote bag has space to keep crochet yarn and knitting tools.
- A Money-back guarantee has been offered with this pack.
2.Red Heart Super Saver Jumbo Yarn, Cherry Red
- Red Heart super saver jumbo yarn in a variety of colors for added value and convenience
- Made of 100 percent acrylic material
- Ideal for all your ever versatile worsted-weight patterns for sweaters, afghans, jackets, hats, gloves, shawls, scarves and other accessories
- Knits up and crochets beautifully and adjust the total number of skeins required as needed
- Traditional hand, maximum wash performance and no-dye-lot solids; available in cherry red color
Features & Specifications:
•It is made from 100% material.
•It weighs 14oz and is 744 yards long.
•It comes with machine wash dry and tumbles instructions.
•It offers no-dye-lot solids.
•This yarn is available in a great cherry red color.
•One of the secrets of this yarn is that it gets even better after being washed.
•Each of the jumbo super saver yarn is the size of two regular super saver yarn.
•It is suitable for projects that need a large number of yarns.
3.Mira Handcrafts Acrylic 12 Large Yarn Skeins
- [12 YARN SKEINS] - 600g (12x50g) yarn for crochet and knitting – total of 1312 yards (1200m) crafts yarn – 100% acrylic 4ply 3 dk yarn bundle
- [12 BRIGHT RAINBOW COLORS] – Multicolored yarn large skeins perfect for accent work or yarn work requiring multiple colors – These assorted yarn skeins are ideal for crochet flowers, granny squares, amigurumi, hats, shoes, pom pom, loom, knitting and many more
- [7 E-BOOKS WITH MULTIPLE YARN PATTERNS] – These exciting knitting and crochet patterns can keep you busy for hours, simply download the pdf files and start working straight away – e-book link is found on the insert note that comes with each pack
- [IDEAL STARTER KIT] – Perfect beginners kit and craft yarn, soft and not that thick yarn, which makes it easy to work with and great for all users- newbies, beginners and advanced
- This acrylic yarn would suit both bigger and smaller craft projects
Mira Handcrafts is the best gift for you, and a perfect option for your pillow covers yarn. This would be great knitting and crochet yarn kit for your new endeavors; it can make various projects like knitting, Afghans, postcards, and cushion covers.
Features & Specifications:
- This value pack comprises 12 yarn skeins of a total length of 1312 yards.
- These craft yarns are made of 100% acrylic material.
- It consists of multicolored large yarn skeins, which are best for crochet flowers, granny squares, hats, cushions, and pillowcases.
- It comes with 7 e-books, including different yarn patterns, which can keep you busy for hours.
- This pack is ideal for beginners and great for kid’s crafts.
4.Mira Handcrafts 40 Assorted Colors Acrylic Yarn Skeins
- [40 ACRYLIC YARNS] - Approx. 22 yards ( 0.35oz.) per skein - mini balls, excellent for accent works, amigurumi, craft projects, granny squares, pompoms, crochet; yarn bundle includes 40 skeins, total of 875 yards (800 m) colorful hobby yarn
- [VAST COLOR VARIETY] – Make the most of it with this rainbow yarn - 24 different colors and 16 duplicates of the most common ones – Perfect selection of vibrant assorted yarn colors for projects requiring multicolor yarn
- [7 E-BOOKS WITH YARN PATTERNS] – various cool projects to choose from, including step by step guides and photos, all in PDF and go with each crochet yarn pack
- [IDEAL YARN STARTER KIT] – Crochet knitting craft kit, perfect for beginners; this soft, strong and yet not that thick yarn is ideal for beginners and kids - to use under adults supervision
- [PERFECT FOR BEGINNERS] - Suitable for those who want to get on the path of crafts - Super easy to work with, learn crochet and knit small yarn projects; yarn skeins suitable for loom knitting and mini projects too
Feature & Specifications:
- This pack comes in 24 assorted colors.
- It is made from 100% soft acrylics.
- The yarn is hand folded for cleanliness and protection.
- It includes 7 e-books.
- Each pack comprises 40 yarn balls designed for DIY tasks, crochet baskets, hats, blankets, and other ornaments.
- These yarns can be washed in a machine and can be dry-cleaned.
5.Bernat Softee Chunky Ombre Yarn
- Prices includes a total of 6 Skeins of Deep Waters Yarn. Deep Waters has shades of the ocean and beach. Colors: blues, greens, tan, brown.
- 100% Acrylic. Each skein is 2.8 ounces and approximately 77 yards.
- Gauge: Knit: 11st x 14r = 4in/10cm on size US11/8mm needles Crochet: 8sc x 9r = 4in/10cm with L11/8mm hook
- Care: machine wash tumble dry do not bleach do not iron do not dry clean
Feature & Specifications:
- This pack comes with 6 yarn skeins.
- Each yarn has a deep watercolor shade of the ocean and beach.
- The colors include blues, greens, tan, and browns.
- The yarn is made from 100% acrylic and is 77 yards long.
- It is machine washable.
- The yarn is a full round three-ply yarn that offers smooth knitting and crochets.
- It offers excellent stitching for a bulky gauge yarn.
How to Make a Chunky Knit Pillow in an Hour
If you are a new learner, then this chunky knit pillow project is the right option for you. This task takes a few stitches and some working on the project to create a new item for your sofa; it doesn't matter if you have just begun knitting or making mistakes. This will still look amazing.
Before we start creating this beautiful decorative pillow, let us look at the materials and steps that we will need to make a knit pillow.
- Throw pillows.
- Thress yarn skeins.
- You will need a small needle and a thread.
Steps By Steps Process :
- First cast on 12 stitches.
- Now begin with knitting the first row, purl the second one, and keep on repeating. This will create a simple pattern and a classic look for the pillow.
- Now continue the work of knitting and purling the rows till your knitting measures 29 inches in length.
- Now place your pillow form on the finishing point of your knitting and ensure that your knitting fits over your form.
- Try to stretch the pillow cover for a small bit to have a good fitting; 29 inches will make a good fit for your pillow form.
- Next, fasten your chunky knit pillow around your pillow form.
- Take an extended length of the yarn and start at the bottom of weaving your yarn through the pillowcase's knitted loops; weave under and not over the coils.
- Just keep going under and all around the pillow till you get to the corner.
- This way, your weaving will not be visible, and no one can notice that the seams are woven together.
- In the end, slip the needle out and keep on weaving the two sides together. Grasp all the knitted loops on the top.
How to Choose the Best Yarn for Your Pillow
Before you start stitching, make sure to read the following tips to help you choose the best yarn for your pillow covers or Blankets.
- Choose a yarn that feels good, and so does its fiber material, like a soft acrylic material.
- It is recommended that your crocheted fabric should be on the denser side, so your pillow can not be seen from the outside.
- You should know the size of your pillow form before starting to choose, so you should plan your size.
Read Also: Best Stuffing for Pillow
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ)
Which yarn for pillows?
When selecting a yarn for your pillow covers, choose the super cozy one, knits up quickly, and has an excellent texture.
What is the best fabric for pillow covers?
The best fabric for pillow covers is cotton, nylon, silk, linen, and satin.
What is the best yarn to make hats?
The best yarn for making hats is wool yarn. It is durable, absorbent, and breathable.
How much yarn do you need for a pillow?
To make a pillow select a long yarn of at least 75 inches.
When you choose the best yarn for your project, consider every factor. You need to look for what you want for your projects, like stitching, color, and yarn texture. The above picks will turn out great for your pillowcases and offer a comfortable item for your couch.