The thought of remodeling our bathrooms is always so exciting. Not only will it make our bathroom look more modern, but choosing the right elements to put into it can help us save more money in the long run.
For example, undermount bathroom sinks give you more space for your vanity compared to drop-in sinks. They also don’t have holes for the faucets, so you’re at liberty to choose where you want your faucet mounted.
With that said, it is undeniable that these types of bathroom sinks are very practical. So if you’re considering giving your bathroom an upgrade, I highly suggest getting undermount bathroom sinks.
I understand that looking for the perfect undermount bathroom sink can be such a chore. To help you in your search, I have prepared a buyer’s guide just for you. A detailed review of five of the best undermount bathroom sink is also available below.
OUR TOP PICKS
Top 5 Best Undermount Bathroom Sink Review
To provide you with an overview of what makes the undermount bathroom sinks, I’ve taken the liberty to review my top five favorites for you.
If you’re after giving your bathroom a timeless yet sophisticated appeal, then you can’t go wrong with the Kohler Archer Undermount Bathroom Sink.
This sink comes in the traditional rectangular shape, but with uniquely-designed beveled edges and a curved base. The slope on each side isn’t too steep which allows it to hold a bigger capacity. Thus, it gives off a charming appeal that can go with any motif, but still very functional.
Key Features Of Kohler K-2355-0 Archer
- The Kohler Archer Undermount Bathroom Sink has a length of 22 inches, a width of 16.9 inches, and a height of 8.9 inches that can hold water up to a depth of 3.75 inches. This makes it an average-sized sink that can fit in most counters.
- It is made of porcelain with a vitreous china coating that gives off a shiny appearance yet still durable to last for years.
- It has an overflow drain to give you peace of mind that water won’t overflow in case of clogs or if you forgot to turn off the faucet.
- It is available in 9 versatile colors to help perfect the dream look for your bathroom.
The Kohler Archer is the best undermount for bathroom sink if you want a classic-looking sink with sophisticated style. Its clean look allows it to blend well with any motif you're going for. The finish is also scratch-resistant, so it's the best choice for low-maintenance folks.
If you’re looking for an oval-shaped bathroom sink that doesn’t take up too much counter space, then I highly recommend the Kohler Caxton Undermount Bathroom Sink.
This simple undermount sink comes with curved sides that are not too steep to allow good drainage but still able to hold a good amount of water. Because of its modest appearance, this will be a great choice for either traditional or modern minimalist looks.
It also has smaller than average dimensions, and this helps you save up on space. This makes this the ideal undermount sink for small bathrooms.
Features Of Kohler K-2209-0 Caxton
- This undermount bathroom sink has dimensions of 15.25 inches in length and 12.25 inches in width.
- The Caxton undermount bathroom sink from Kohler comes in 9 different finishes, so you can easily find one that will match your bathroom design.
- The material is made of porcelain, coated with vitreous china, to give it a shiny appearance. The underside of this basin is glazed, which allows for easier cleaning.
- It has an overflow drain to keep the water from spilling over.
Because of its space-saving quality, the Kohler Caxton Undermount Bathroom Sink is the best choice for small bathrooms that are going for a minimalist vibe. It makes for a great vanity bathroom sink since it leaves you with a lot of room on your counter for your beauty products.
If you’re looking for a heavy-duty yet compact oval-shaped bathroom sink, then you should try out the Nantucket Sinks UM-13x10-W Oval Vanity Sink.
This basin-like undermount sink has a bowl depth of 6.125 inches, which is larger than most sinks of the same shape and size. This guarantees a bigger capacity despite its compact size.
It has a simple porcelain basin aesthetic that can easily give your bathroom a classic look.
Highlighted Features Of Nantucket Sinks UM-13x10-W
- This sink has exterior dimensions of 15 inches by 12.125 inches and interior dimensions of 13 inches by 10.125 inches. Nevertheless, it has a depth of 6.125 inches. These dimensions enable it to fit into small vanities while still offering a decent capacity.
- It has a drain opening of 1.5 inches.
- This is made of durable ceramic material that’s glazed with vitreous china for that glossy finish.
- It has an overflow drain to prevent any untoward spillage.
This oval-shaped sink from Nantucket Sinks is a low-cost yet durable option for people who have small bathrooms. However, it only comes in one color, so those who are going for dark-themed bathrooms may have to reconsider their options.
The affordable Rectrangle Loymey Undermount Bathroom Sink is perfect if you’re looking for a traditional rectangular undermount sink.
Because of its unassuming design, this will perfectly fit bathrooms that are going for a minimalist aesthetic. Additionally, since it has larger dimensions, you can also install this as your kitchen sink since it has a decent capacity.
The ceramic material used for this sink is of premium grade, so you don’t have to worry about whether it will last a while or not - because it will. And finally, it has a glossy finish which makes it easy to clean and incredibly low maintenance.
Rectrangle Loymey Key Features
- It has a length of 18 inches and a width of 12 inches, which makes it ideal to mount on large vanities.
- It comes in porcelain white color that gives off a clean minimalist feel.
- An overflow drain is located on one side to help prevent spillage.
- This sink has a deep base that’s slightly angled, which can store a good amount of water but still allows for effortless draining.
- It is made of high-quality ceramic material that's been through high-temperature treatment to guarantee its durability.
If durability is what you’re after, then you can’t go wrong with the Rectrangle Loymey Undermount Bathroom Sink. It’s also one of the most affordable undermount sinks of today, so you won’t have to break the bank for it.
Another great sink from Kohler’s Archer line makes it to this list, but it’s a self-rimming sink this time. I’m talking about the functional Kohler K-2356-8-0 self-rimming sink that can easily give your vanity a vintage vibe.
Since this sink is self-rimming, it's installed in the same way as drop-in sinks but without the ugly caulking peeping out. I've included this in this list because it gives off the same feel as undermount sinks - but needs bigger counter space.
It also has three holes for your widespread faucet, and this completes the whole vintage look for this sink.
Kohler K-2356-8-0 Archer Sink Features
- It has large dimensions of 25.5 inches in length, 21.5 inches in width, and 10.1 inches in height which requires a large countertop. Alternatively, you can mount it as a standalone sink which makes an eye-catching centerpiece for your bathroom.
- It has three holes that can fit an 8-inch widespread faucet.
- It comes in 9 finishes that are meant to complement your chosen design for your bathroom.
- This Kohler Archer sink is made of premium ceramic which is coated in vitreous china to keep it shiny and sturdy.
The self-rimming Kohler K-2356-8-0 Archer Sink has a unique appeal that makes it stand out when mounted in your bathroom. If you want to give your bathroom a vintage vibe with eye-catching elements, then this sink is perfect for you.
Undermount Bathroom Sinks Buyer's Guide
Aside from aesthetic considerations, there are practical considerations that you should look into when buying an undermount bathroom sink. These include its shape, size, material used, and budget.
Just like traditional sinks, undermount sinks also come in different shapes so that you have enough options to choose from. These are usually rectangular with defined edges or slightly rounded for a softer appeal.
In choosing the shape, you should primarily consider the sink’s purpose. If you want better drainage, then you would prefer a rounded sink with sides that steeply slope towards the drain.
On the other hand, if you want a sink that can hold enough water, then I would recommend one with gentler angles and more defined edges.
The imagined finished look of your bathroom should also help you in determining the shape that would best go with it.
Another factor to consider is the sink’s size. Average bathroom sink sizes range from lengths of 18 to 24 inches for rectangular sinks or diameters of 16 to 20 inches for rounded sinks.
Nevertheless, some manufacturers also make smaller or bigger bathroom sinks depending on the customer’s needs.
As a tip, make sure to check out your bathroom’s counter size first so you get the appropriate-sized sink for it. After all, you wouldn’t want to have a sink that’s too big for your counter.
Sinks can be made with various materials including ceramic, granite composite, and stainless steel. In fact, some sinks are even made of glass!
But for bathroom use, the more common materials used are ceramic and granite composite - especially when it comes to undermount installation.
Ceramic or porcelain is easier to mold so you can expect sinks coming in a variety of shapes and sizes. It can also be coated with different colors, and this makes ceramic sinks more versatile.
They’re durable yet very affordable, so it’s a great option if you’re on a tight budget. The only downside is that this material is heavy, so you would need a strong countertop for it to mount on.
The lightweight alternative to ceramic is granite composite material. It is similarly durable and scratch-resistant, so you know it’s not something that gets worn down easily. However, they’re harder to make, so they can come at steep prices.
You should also factor in your budget in making your purchase. The average price of decent bathroom sinks ranges from 50 dollars to a little over a hundred dollars, while the more top-tier ones can go as high as 500 dollars.
This means that there are enough options for you regardless of your budget. However, don't just think about the price of the sink.
You should also consider the cost of hiring a professional to have them installed, and how tricky the installation will be. These factors can greatly affect your budget, so don't forget to keep them in mind.
Best Undermount Sinks for Bathroom : Final Considerations
Undermount Bathroom Sink
If you ask me,the undermount bathroom sink should be one that's durable, affordable and one that has a timeless appeal. This means that even if you decide to update your bathroom's interior, the sink won't be an eyesore because it still blends well with it.
Best Undermount Bathroom Vanity Sinks
As for the best Undermount bathroom vanity sinks, I think you should stick with smaller variants so that you still get enough counter space for your needs. But if you have a big bathroom space, I don’t see why you should limit yourself to smaller sinks.
Best Bathroom Sinks: Undermount Installation
With Undermount installation, the sink goes under the counter instead of just being mounted on top of them. This makes them a lot easier on the eyes, and that quality makes them the best bathroom sinks. Undermount installation also helps to achieve that clean and expensive aesthetic.
Best Undermount Sinks Bathroom: Material
As to the material, I think ceramic makes the best Undermount sinks. Bathrooms are a means to give you that laid-back feel, and you can only get that with ceramic or granite composite sinks. The affordability of ceramic, however, gives it more brownie points.
Nevertheless, granite composite is more lightweight, so if you have the extra budget and would want to have standalone sinks, you can’t go wrong with that material.
Our bathrooms should serve as our little haven at home. And with that said, it should always capture your unique style to make it feel homier.
In designing your bathroom, you should consider getting a versatile sink that would compliment your taste. And for a cleaner finish, I highly suggest getting an undermount bathroom sink so you don’t have to worry about caulking sticking out.
But most importantly, the perfect bathroom sink should be one that best suits your needs. Take your time and assess the dimensions and purposes for the sink. All this will help you in deciding the best Undermount bathroom sinks for you.