Dakimakura, also known as “body pillow” or a “hugging pillow,” is derived from two Japanese words. Daki means “to cling or embrace,” and makura means “pillow.” It is a body-sized large pillow in Japan and is now used all over the world.
It is a customary product in Japan and used as “security objects” or “transitional objects.” These are similar to the orthopedic body pillows used in the west. These are referred to as comfort objects that provide psychological comfort, usually in unusual discomfort and sometimes support owners with emotional support.
Ultimately, these become your best dakimakura pillow. Children can use this also as a cling-able object while sleeping, and they get an immediate attachment with it.
A brief comparison of the Dakimakura pillows is represented in a tabular form below;
Comparison Table of Best Anime Dakimakura Body Pillow
Quick Answer: Here Are Top 5 List of Best Pillow for Dakimakura
1.Dakimakura Body Pillow
2.Snuggle-Pedic Memory Foam
3.Milliard Body Pillow
4.Dakime Anime Body Pillow
5.AllerEase Body Pillow
Guide To Buy Your Best Anime Dakimakura Body Pillow
1.Dakimakura Body Pillow
The product is imported and is stated as a high grade kawaii Japanese body pillow. It is also claimed in the product's description that we will sleep better if we own one of these pillows. The product has an excellent global rating with 244 reviews.
2.Snuggle-Pedic Memory Foam
- Perfect Fit - Our dakimakura pillow is purpose designed to be used with anime body pillowcases (dakimakura) snugly fitting 150cmx50cm (59inch x 19.6inch) pillow cases.
- Anime Designs - Our anime pillow is designed to fill out the whole of the pillow case so that the case is kept stretched without creases to showcase the anime design perfectly.
- Non Lumpy - Our anime body pillow inner stuffing material is dense and evenly distributed throughout the anime body pillow to insure no lumps and a comfy cuddle.
- High Quality Materials - The dakimakura inner stuffing and the outer casing our our pillow are all high quality and long lasting and soft to the touch materials.
- Your Favorite Characters - Use it with any of your favorite anime characters for the softest hug..
The material used inside these pillows is Bamboo-Derived Rayon. Color is natural, and the dimensions of this pillow are 54 x 20 x 6 inches. The weight of this product is not mentioned.
The seller claims that this pillow uses 6% Lycra (material), which keeps us cool all night. Description of this product states that it is a Green Guard Gold Certified Pillow that is Hypoallergenic, Dust Mite Resist, Eco-Friendly, Non-Toxic, and Extremely Low VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds) Off-Gassing.
The company’s policy is that you keep it for 120 days and if you don’t love it, send it back with no cost returns and customizations. The manufacturer also gives a 20-year warranty over purchases made through authorized sellers.
3.Milliard Body Pillow
- Full Body-Sized Pillow: Stuffed with memory foam and large enough for you to relax your entire body, this dakimakura pillow is designed to relieve stress, soothe aches, and keep you happy and comfy all night long. As wide as a standard mattress; lay the pillow across your bed for seamless headspace.
- Genuine memory foam is shredded and stuffed into an accessible insert for customized comfort
- Machine washable jacquard bamboo outer cover makes it a zip to freshen up your pillow
- Customized Comfort: Shredded memory foam can be removed and added as necessary, so you get to enjoy the pillow exactly as you like it. Remove some foam for a softer pillow or keep it all in for a firm one. Pillow comes super stuffed with plenty of foam for you to play around with!
- One Pillow, Many Uses: This pillow is great for relaxing after a long day and offers full body support for the times you need that. It can be used to elevate the back, legs, or arms, too. Great for all sorts of sleepers – side, back, front and stomach. Ships vacuum packed, please allow 24 to 48 hours for foam to expand after opening.
The color is available in white. Dimensions are 20 x 54 inches (L x W), and it weighs exactly 7.87 Pounds. In The description it states that it is a full-body sized with machine washable outer fabric.
This pillow offers the user a customized comfort as the foam within can be removed for a softer pillow or can be added back if one likes it firm. Pillow comes with a lot of foam so that the user can play around with it just the way they want their body pillow to be. It is great for relaxing after a long and hectic daily routine.
4.Dakime Anime Body Pillow
- SOFT MEMORY FOAM - Our body pillows for adults use shredded foam to keep you supported, no matter what side you sleep on. It conforms to your body shape, promoting alignment for your legs, back, and hips.
- OEKO-TEX & CertiPUR-US CERTIFIED - Rest easy knowing this long body pillow is put under strict third-party lab testing and is OEKO-TEX and Certi-PUR US certified to ensure safety, quality, and comfortability.
- CHIROPRACTOR DESIGNED - Sleep tight and melt the stress away with a big pillow that's been developed by a chiropractor for pain-free nights.
- KOOL-FLOW TECH - This cooling body pillow isn't all talk! The fabric on its luxurious, extra-breathable cover will keep you cool on even the hottest nights.
- USA MADE - Get the support you need, without the guilt. Our long pillows for sleeping are super durable, built for everyone, and best of all, made in the USA!
This pillow comes with an anime cover that perfectly fits its size. Non-lumpy stuffing is used in this pillow, which is densely and evenly distributed throughout the anime body pillow. The material is claimed to be long lasting and of high quality, and soft when touched.
This can be used with any of our favorite anime characters like Boukagou, Zero two, Killua, Kirishima, and many others. Numerous best anime body pillows were distributed through Cospa, a Japanese character clothing company, and merchandise.
This Otaku culture has led the manufacture of pillowcases presenting cartoon characters’ animations from popular anime series and arcade games and even miniature snaps of adult movie actors.
5.AllerEase Body Pillow
- COMFORTABLE AND SUPPORTIVE: This hypoallergenic, medium density body pillow measures 20” x 54” and takes the place of multiple bulky pillows to support your hips, back, neck, and stomach, making it an excellent choice for expectant mothers, dorm rooms, kids bedrooms, and more!
- COMPLETE ALLERGEN PROTECTION: If you wake up congested, it could be allergens in your pillows. AllerEase’s 100% cotton allergen barrier medium density body pillow is stuffed with a hypoallergenic polyester fill that offers complete barrier protection against dust, pollen, pet dander and other household allergens.
- BREATHABLE: This down alternative body pillow is made of 100% cotton which allows air to pass through the fabric, keeping you cool and comfortable all-night long.
- MACHINE WASHABLE: Machine wash and dry this hypoallergenic body pillow for easy care! To clean: machine wash warm in non-chlorine bleach as needed and tumble dry low.
- SATISFACTION – AllerEase is the leading brand of allergen barrier bedding and this cotton, multi-functional body pillow is allergist recommended.
The seller claims that it is entirely cotton, which has a medium-density body with allergy-free material through which air can pass. This fiberfill is hypoallergenic and avoids accumulating dust ticks/particles and domestic allergens, and is allergist recommended. The color is available in white.
Dimensions and weight are 54 x 7 x 20 inches and 3 pounds, respectively. It is machine washable, and satisfaction is guaranteed by the leading brand AllerEase of allergen barrier bedding, multi-functional body pillow, which is recommended by the allergist.
What is Dakimakura Body Pillow?
The name body pillow indicates its actual use, purpose, size, and importance. The cheap Dakimakura pillow is the one that provides you with all the purposes it is made for.
It is actually a large (body-sized) pillow used as a comforter, an orthopedic pillow used for psychological relaxation. It is usually called a “Hugging Pillow” or a “Dutch Wife Pillow.”
Large pillows have occurred in the Japanese culture for decades, generally in the shape of huge bloated animals and character goods for children. However, a particularly subclass of pillows known as body pillows grew into dakimakura and initiated a link with the Otaku culture.
How to Wash Your Dakimakura Inner Pillow?
1.Remove the outer case of your pillow. The cover should be removed carefully and washed separately.
2.Put the pillow in the washing machine; at least two pillows can be washed at a time.
3.Add 1 cup of some good quality detergent with one cup of a dishwasher. To get the pillow in its good form and color, add the recommended quantity of bleach and half a cup of borax.
4.Start the washing machine after adjusting the settings and switch it to the bulky mode with a power rinse cycle. Wash it with hot water.
5.After washing, put the pillow in a dryer, and no heat setting is recommended if the pillow is synthetic, switch the dryer to low heat settings.
6.During the drying process, add two balls (tennis) wrapped in clean white socks to reduce the drying time.
7.Check the pillows after the dryer has completed its cycle. Check for moisture or any kind of dampness.
More information on how to wash your dakimakura body pillow can be found in the below YouTube Video:
Health Benefits of Sleeping with a Dakimakura Pillow?
Body pillow dakimakura are known for their comforting properties and size and are mostly used for orthopedic and psychological needs. Sleeping with is the actual use these are made for, which helps the user attain a healthier body.
The ultra-comfy material used inside these body pillows is the actual deal-breaker here, which keeps them selling throughout the world. Suppose the user has the bad back.
In that case, hip, spine, neck, or shoulder issues, the best Anime dakimakura body pillow is the thing you need as it helps you find pressure relief by offering extra support to your whole body while sleeping and not letting you to sleep in a bad posture throughout the night.
It can help improve blood circulation and allow for a restful sleep.
It helps a person to control stress and gives a feel of a partner for lonely people. Pregnant women may find this helpful in contouring the body’s natural shape and can relieve the symptoms of lower back pain, sciatica, and heartburn.
Dakimakura Pillow Sizing and Options
Dakimakura pillow is available in two main sizes, 160 or 150 cm (63 or 59 in) in length with a 50 cm (20 in) width (100 cm (39 in) circumference). Before the mid-2000s, dakimakura was available in one size; 160 cm × 50 cm (63 in × 20). The sizes can vary about a few minor inches from each other.
Various other options are available regarding the anime or otaku characters with big or small sizes and in different styles and shapes.
Different Types of Fabrics of Dakimakura Pillow and Which One is Best
Different types of fabrics of Dakimakura body pillows are available, which include polyester, shredded bamboo, memory foam, cotton, and their mixes in an appropriate composition. Some are extra stretchable, and some offer soft surfaces on the touch, some fill like air-filled inside, in-expensive and stain-free material.
The fabrics used in best body Pillow is shiny, fluffy, fizzy, silky, water-proof, or feel like velvet. The above options indicate that you can have the best Dakimakura body pillow the way you want it to be.
The best Dakimakura Body Pillow is the one that is certified by the allergist and has a long-lasting material warranty of like 20 years or so. The fabric used should be eco-friendly, non-toxic with very low VOCs.
Foams used must be made without ozone depleting flame retardants, mercury, formaldehyde, phthalates lead, and other heavy materials. Snuggle-Pedic exactly provides with such quality best anime body pillow with a 20-year warranty of material and fabric.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ'S)
- Why are dakimakura so expensive?
They have expensive filler materials that are dust-free, anti-allergy. Their size is also large as compared to the conventional pillows. The material contains hypoallergenic, dust mite resistant & all non-toxic components.
- What is the purpose of a dakimakura?
The Dakimakura pillow is used as a comforter, hug pillow. These pillows ward off your loneliness and are a remedy for orthopedic problems and psychological issues you are going through due to your daily routine.
- What is the best cooling body pillow?
Its the one which uses perforated or micro-vented cover or skin. The Japanese Dakimakura pillow is the one with an accurate combination of all materials used in it as a filler. Must have cotton or other filler material that allows air to pass through the fabric, keeping you cool and comfortable all night long.
- Is it good to sleep with a body pillow?
Yeah! It is perfect for side and stomach sleepers. It is recommended for pregnant women too.
- Which size should I buy?
The recommended body pillow is the one that is a few inches short of your height. So, that you can embrace, cling, and hug it comfortably throughout the night.
The perfect size will allow you to use your neck pillow even when you are using the Dakimakura pillow. It’s a tedious process to clean up bigger body pillows, and a lot of users scuffle with how to clean a Dakimakura pillow.
Dakimakura Body Pillow is a body-sized large pillow that is made of anime characters or large stuffed plushies. They are mostly owned by otakus and are used for good and healthy sleep. They are washed easily by removing the cover and washing it off.
Dakimakura pillows help the user to align their body in a proper and comfortable position. For getting the skin back onto your body pillow, just roll it until the character's face and push the pillow inside it. Unroll the rolled part of the skin onto the pillow and properly zip it. Here you go, your Dakimakura pillow is ready for cuddles.